Monday, April 13, 2009

_To Kill a Mockingbird_ should be in audio. Or etext.

My bookclub is reading To Kill a Mockingbird later this month. Believe it or not, I've never read it before, and never seen the movie. I've always preferred to read about the more distant past, or the fictional future.

It would be very CONVENIENT if I could read it on my Stanza iPhone. Or listen to it as an audio book. But, Nooooo, the holders of the copyright have apparently not let either of those happen. Because, the book is not available in those formats.

I've got a nice bound edition from the library. Had it two weeks. Haven't cracked it open. Meanwhile, I've read three novels on my iPhone and listened to one novel and part of the old Hitchiker's Guide radio show as audiobook.

People, if you want us to learn the lessons of this classic, make it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment