Friday, September 18, 2009

Need to find a bench

Something to place at the foot of the bed, so I have somewhere to sit and put on my shoes. We don't have room for a chair in there.

I actually want one WITHOUT storage, so it doesn't fill up so much visual space, helps keep the room from feeling closed in at all.

And, I definitely want an upholstered bench. The bed is wood, and I'd like something soft to sit on.

I like this Lola bench from Z Gallerie ($350), but it's four inches too long. Otherwise, wow, button tufting, tapered legs. Definitely MidCentury, though on the Hollywood end. However, I need a smaller bench: equal or slightly shorter than the 64" width of my queen bed.



Z Gallerie is in that niche of selling things less expensive than Pottery Barn or Crate and Barrel or Restoration Hardware ($800-$1100), but still having a certain pretention to style. I wish I could think of more places like that. In the Midwest ten years ago, something in that niche would have been Bombay Company.


Cost Plus World Market is in that price range.


==

Crate and Barrel alternative. Not as delicious, but nice and clean and sparse, $300 Parsons-style leather upholstered bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment